Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Julie's California Blog - Day 9


Julie's California Blog, Day 9, April 8, 2013


We got Sheryl & KB moved out of the rental house this morning. They were renting to see if they might be interested in buying a place in the desert. Sorry they didn't enjoy it much, but I'm glad they figured it out and I'm glad that I was included in the tryout. Win win, in my book.

I left Palm Springs for the 2 hour ride back to the beach and found myself in a most harrowing wind storm. Sand was blowing across the desert so hard, I'm a little surprised there is any paint left on the car. The wind mill farms outside of Palm Springs were certainly twirling today. I made it back with minimal traffic, which I understand is pretty unusual.





I was shocked when I saw the ocean. The white caps were rolling, waves were pounding the beach, the wind was howling and sand was blowing across the beach sandblasting everything in it's path. The beach and The Strand which are normally packed with people are deserted. I was a bit concerned, that the natives knew something I didn't. Like perhaps the precursor to a Tsunami. There are Tsunami warning signs posted all along the beach which is a little disconcerting. Fortunately there have been no monster waves, but it's almost 10:00 and there are still gale force winds out there. And I need to go walk the pups again. Ouch! We've had some crazy weather.









No comments:

Post a Comment