Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Julie's California Blog - Day 8




Julie's California Blog - Day 8, April 7, 2013


It's a beautiful NEW day and I have a new re-charged attitude to go with it. Thank goodness.

The dogs and I loaded up first thing this morning and headed to Palm Springs to visit Sheryl and Kenny. It's always so good to spend time with them. It's hard to explain exactly why. In addition to being really fun, kind people, it's also like reaching out and touching Jeff in some way. 


We played golf at The Hideaway in LaQuinta, which is an amazingly beautiful course. I had a run on pars for about 7 holes in a row when the wheels fell off and I got to playing my normal game. But it was a thrill for 7 holes. AND, it didn't take me three shots to get out of the sand. You know who what I'm talking about KB.



It felt good to be hot. The temps at the beach have been so cold. The desert heat was a welcome treat. Squeaker and Scruffy were very happy to walk on grass, and particularly enjoyed chasing a rabbit down the fairway of the17th hole where Scruffy was confused for a coyote.

After golf, we had a great dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. 















Yesterday, when I got the phone call from KB and Sheryl, I learned lesson that I will practice the next time my phone rings at a not so convenient time and the person on the other end just wants to chat ... I will be patient. You may not realize what demons that person is dealing with and what your kinds words may do to bring a little joy to their life. My friends called me at the perfect time and turned my world around that afternoon.









What a great day! I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends. Thanks for crashing my pity party!! I think I can take it from here for a while. If not, I'll be in touch. Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment