Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Julie's California Blog - Day 26



Julie's California Blog - Day 26, Thursday, April 25, 2013


I'm getting pretty good at navigating the highways in LA. Of course, it helps having my iPhone talking me through every exit and turn along the way. Jeff used to affectionally refer to Siri as "The Bitch in the Box." I think a great aftermarket invention would be a navigation add on ... a voice like Antonio Banderas, in his sexy broken English voice saying "Hello my love. Let's turn at the next intersection and see what happens." I'm telling you, they'd sell like hotcakes!


My hair is in desperate need of attention, so today, I went to Frederic Fekkai on Melrose Place for a hair appointment. My day of pampering began with a manicure with Valentina and then hair highlights with Begonia, followed by a haircut with Maurice. With a name like Begonia, I was expecting a tattooed, pierced, multicolored spiked hair type with rings on every finger. I was pleasantly surprised. She is an adorable, petite, very kind girl from Spain. And Maurice, the Latin lover from France was awesome, too. He gave me an amazing cut. Now these folks out here at Frederic Fekkai are really proud of their services. I could have bought a nice used car for the price of my day of pampering. Well, maybe a clunker of a used car, but never-the-less, I think you get the point. The sad part is, I was all cut and highlighted and nobody to show it to. Squeaker and Scruffy showed delight when I came in the door. I'm sure they were impressed - or just happy that I was finally home after a long day away.


On the way home from the hairdresser, I finally got to experience the full force of California rush hour traffic. The 405 was like a parking lot. From the time I got on the interstate, until the time I exited the interstate, I don't think I touched the gas more than once or twice, rather just let my foot off the brake to advance a few feet at a time. I honestly could have walked faster. At one point, I thought I was going to have to knock on the door of the RV in the lane next to me to use their facilities, but I finally arrived at my exit and things were moving normally from that point forward.





I got home in time for sunset and glass of wine, which has become a ritual with the neighbors. The sunset was beautiful, but no green flash. Well, Pat (to my right) said he saw a green flash. But as I described Pat in an earlier blog, he may have drug induced brain fry or he's just a typical California beach bum with the "Yeah, man, totally rad" dialog. Heck of a nice guy, but a little out there. He probably sees a green flash at EVERY sunset.



























No comments:

Post a Comment