Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Julie's California Blog - Day 23

Julie's California Blog - Day 23, Monday, April 22, 2013









Special shout out to Scruffy on his 9th birthday today. Eight years ago today, our family rescued Scruffy from death row. Jeff used to tell people Scruffy went from Skid Row to Death Row to winning the doggie lottery. He has brought so much joy to our family. Scruff's favorite activity is going for a walk. So, to celebrate Scruffy's birthday, the two of us walked to Manhattan Beach for lunch. Scruffy enjoyed a kiddie burger, only a few bites, but enough to know it was something special. While I was passing bites to Scruffy, my downstairs neighbors from the condo walked by and took this photo for us.

This evening, I took Jeff and two of his friends, Teddy and Zach, to dinner. USC's meal plan doesn't offer steak, so the guys were craving a good steak. Where does one go for good steak in LA? Well Wolfgang Puck's restaurant, Cut, at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, of course. It was a great recommendation from Carolyn McRae. Thanks Carolyn. It was a perfect spot for a perfect steak. I must admit, I was a little astounded at the selection of different types of filet. They had grass fed beef from Nebraska, corn fed beef from Illinois, American Wagyu beef from Idaho, U.S.D.A beef, Kobe beef, Prime Dry Aged beef, filet with bone in and with bone out, and Wagyu beef from Japan. So many choices. So many prices ranging from a low of the Nebraska grass fed filet at $49.00 to the $159.00 Wagyu filet from Japan. I'm not a filet connoisseur, so the only difference I could see in the cuts was $110.00. I'm not sure I could eat a piece of meat that expensive. I'd want to have it bronzed and displayed in my kitchen on a crystal pedestal with a glass dome top. Thank goodness the boys did not order the Japanese Wagyu beef. Pictured here are Jeff and I with Jeff's Fraternity Brother, Teddy (blue shirt) and his roommate, Zach. It was a perfect evening. Thanks guys.




No comments:

Post a Comment