Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Julie's California Blog - Day 30

Julie's California Blog - Day 30, Monday, April 29, 2013

Today is Monday moving day - AGAIN.  Referring back to earlier blog entries, you may remember the horrible condo I lived in when I first arrived in California.  The rental agency was kind enough to move me to a much better place, but there was a caveat that the unit was booked beginning the 30th of April, so I would have to move to a different location.  So this morning it is time to pack up and move.  I considered just packing up and heading back to Tampa a few days early, but I've been invited to dinner at the home of the President of USC, Max and Niki Nikias, on Tuesday evening, so I've decided to stay.  Another good reason to stay will be the opportunity to try out another option for a rental property next year. 

I moved in to the new condo this afternoon.  It's quite nicely updated and is much larger than my last place.  It will be much easier to accommodate Jeff and his fraternity friends here.  So this could be my "go to" place next time I come to CA.  Might be fun to stay here next fall for Parent's weekend and perhaps again next April.    



After I moved in, I got a call from one of my new friends (from the hula hoop party) inviting me to play golf.  I've already shipped my clubs back to Tampa as well as my golf shoes and clothes, but I found a pair of shorts, tennis shoes and a dozen golf balls.  What more does one need?  Oh yes, clubs.  Mark had extra clubs, so away we went.  We played at a little 9 hole par 3 course.  The course was in surprisingly good shape and I shot 2 over, which was kind of fun, considering I was playing with a set of unfamiliar clubs.



After golf, we met Mark's wife, Tammy and Kelly at Mediterraneo on the Pier.  It's a really nice place that serves Tapas and has a great happy hour, buy one, get one free on the Tapas and $3.00 wine.  We laughed all evening.  Mark should be one of the comedians at the Comedy Club here in Hermosa Beach.  He kept us entertained all evening.

On the walk back to the condo, Kelly took me by to meet her brother and to see his home, which was a rental option for next year.  He's a nice guy, the home is over the top fabulous, but it's expensive and NOT on The Strand.  The view of the ocean from the 3rd floor is really beautiful, but I really enjoy the energy of The Strand.  So I'm passing.  

What a treat to meet and make new friends.  I hope to see them all again when I return to California.  

Tomorrow is my last day in California.  :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment