Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Julie's California Blog - Day 15


Julie's California Blog - Day 15, Sunday, April 14, 2013

"May Gray" has arrived early in California.  It's breezy and cold, but not going to stop me.  It may slow me down a bit.

Sheryl came to see my little condo today.  I think she feels more comfortable with my location.  Hope so.  It's starting to grow on me.


We decided to explore Manhattan Beach today and found a shop called "Shoes and Chocolate", two things that all women love.  The shop keeper recommended Rock N Fish for lunch.  It was awesome!  Very unique and fresh items.   We loved the coconut encrusted Mahi Mahi sliders!.


Sheryl left for home before traffic started and I walked down the to The Comedy and Magic Club in Hermosa Beach for a recon mission.  Table for one, please.  


Jay Leno performs here on Sunday evenings.  He tries out his stuff on the Hermosa Beach crowd.  He was amazing!  I've never really thought Jay Leno to be particularly funny on the Tonight Show.  But he's a very funny,  entertaining stand up comic.  The recon mission was a huge success.  I plan to go back Friday nigh with Sharon.   Ten Comics for 10 bucks.







On the walk home, I met a guy stumbling and strumming a guitar down The Strand.  We struck up a conversation.  

When I arrived at my condo, the neighbors were having a little gathering, so guitar man entertained us in exchange for booze and cigarettes.  As the impromptu party progressed, the crowd grew and we had a very interesting evening.  My neighbor (center) decided my name didn't work for me, so he renamed me "Delilah" because "it's more mysterious and crazy but not on the surface, rather in a good way."


No comments:

Post a Comment