Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Julie's California Blog - Day 6



Julie's California Blog - Day 6, April 5, 2013

Not much to report today. Spent a quiet day at the condo. I ran a few errands, the most important being a trip to AAA to pick up a FasTrak transponder for my car so I can get around traffic on Interstate 110 and drive in the fast lanes. I-110 is a straight shot north to USC from the beach. Hopefully I'll be going up a few more times while I'm here. Now I won't have to wait in traffic. Most Californian's think the FasTrak is a government "sell out" to the wealthy people. They feel they've paid taxes for the use of the highways and therefore, shouldn't have to buy a special pass to get in the fast lanes saying it's a double tax. Perhaps they have a point, but to them I say, "Bye, bye" as I zoom past them.

Speaking of zooming by, I mustn't forget to mention the van with the flat tire that I passed today. The driver and passengers were out of the truck, standing in the street, strumming ukuleles and dancing with a skeleton that ended up under the rear tire. Only in California. 


Squeaker, Scruffy and I wandered down to American Junkie for dinner tonight and had some Shrimp tacos and a couple glasses of $3.00 wine. It's decent wine and less expensive than mine. Dinner for under $15.00 including a generous tip in Southern California. Gotta love it!

Notable mention today goes to the most beautiful sunset I've seen this trip. Everyone was out enjoying it.



By the way, what's up with these people out here? When I'm hiking in Colorado and pass someone on the trail, I always speak to them. I've met some very interesting people that way. Are Californian's deaf, intimidated by Scruffy the wonder dog or just unfriendly? I smile and greet people while I'm walking the dogs and they just keep starring straight ahead. I guess I have a lot of work to do while I'm here! I'll get on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment