Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Down Under - Day Twenty One, Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - Tasman Sea AGAIN

Today is our last day at sea ... the Tasman Sea ... AGAIN.  And it's rockin' and rollin', which seems to be the norm for this part of the world.  My dear friends in Queensland said they couldn't believe that Stevie and I crossed the Tasman in a boat!!  Information we could have used BEFORE we planned this cruise.  Well, here we are again, heading to Sydney.  

Molly LOVED the cheese fondue.
Desserts Galore!
Traditionally, Seabourn has their "Galley Lunch" on the last day of a cruise.  They open up the galley and serve lunch buffet style.  The kitchen is spotless and food was EVERYWHERE.  

Food EVERYWHERE!
Just what I was looking for ... more food!  I must say, the cheese fondue was an excellent way to start the grazing.   Shrimp, Crab Legs, Veal Piccata, Beef Tenderloin, Sushi, Soups and much more.  There was truly something to tantalize any tastebud. 


After an incredible massage this afternoon, I spent the rest of the afternoon packing my suitcases.  I hope they send Hercules to gather my bags.  I don't know how they got heavier because I haven't bought anything here.  Well, I did buy a Kangaroo Scrotum Bottle Opener for my son (let's see if he's reading this).  But that's certainly not heavy.  Seriously, I can't lift these suitcases.  I'll have to "cash whip" a bellman to get them to the hotel room and then to the airport in a few days.   So if you've agreed to pick me up at the airport in LA or Aspen ... bring a fork lift!!

Bob, me, Paddy, Stevie, Carroll, Molly and Ellen in the Odyssey Lounge.
We gathered tonight with our new friends, Carol from Nassau, Paddy from Australia, Carroll and Molly from Houston and Ellen and Bob from Laguna Beach, for cocktails in the Observation Lounge followed by a nice farewell dinner.  We all exchanged phone numbers and email addresses and have vowed to keep in touch.  

Chocolate Lava Cake for me and all of my friends.  Yum!!
Oh yes.  I almost failed to mention that Chef Martin made my favorite dessert for the entire table tonight as a little farewell surprise. 

Of course, I finished every bite!!
I'm not sure if he's happy or sad to see us leave, but it sure was nice of him to make the chocolate lava cake again.


Heather.  Do you see the resemblance??  
Heather, one of the Seabourn's talented singers, stopped by our table tonight.   Molly says we look like sisters.  Poor Heather.  She's just stunning.  But she was a sport and posed for this photo.

I'll miss my new friends, but sure look forward to seeing my home friends and family.  Love and miss you all.  More news from Sydney tomorrow.  Hopefully, the internet will work better at the Hotel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment