Sunday, February 23, 2014

Down Under - Day Eighteen, Sunday, February 23, 2014 - Tasman Sea


3rd Day at Sea ...

Well, I managed to stay secure in bed last night.  What a ride!!  Believe it or not, it's still rough out here today.   Since I awoke early, I headed to the gym.  First one there!  I had my choice of rides, which is no real consolation since I felt I'd been on a ride all night long!!  But  I selected the recumbent bike and rode for 40 minutes, then on to the treadmill for another 20 minutes and then to the floor for stretches and plank.  Maybe I worked off one of many glasses of champagne.  The workout left me feeling invigorated and ready for the day at sea.  So I immediately went to breakfast with Stevie, Molly and Carroll. 

Aft deck with Molly.
Looking for another activity after breakfast, I settled for a few hours of sunning on the aft deck of the ship, a secret place that Molly told me about, where we are out of the wind, have two hot tubs, a full bar and lounge chairs, all of which matched perfectly with the sun.  I have Spa appointments this afternoon followed by dance class.  Fun, fun, and more fun.

Tasmania
We passed the small island of Tasmania this afternoon.  First land we've seen in three days.  Sure looked good.  A mutiny crossed my mind, but the island looks very small and all I could think about was the Tasmanian Devil.  I'm sure that's where he's from and I don't want to come face to face with him.  So, we'll journey on to Melbourne, where we're expected to arrive tomorrow morning.  Thank goodness.

Stevie and Paddy



Odyssey Lounge for cocktails.  Carroll Molly, Julie and Paddy

After properly frying myself on the aft deck, we gathered in the Odyssey Lounge for cocktails at 6:30 followed by a delightful dinner in the main restaurant, where the chef prepared a special dessert just for us, Chocolate lava cake.  

Something about a man in uniform!
But the lava cake had no lava.  The chef came to the table to see how we liked our special dessert, at which time we pointed out there was NO LAVA flow.  He said his NEW pastry chef would have that corrected and he
These gals clean up well.
would have our chocolate lava cake for us tomorrow night.  I had visions of the old pastry chef walking the plank and very quickly told the chef how delicious the cake was even without the lava.  But alas, he was determined to replace the pastry chef.

Molly Sings "At Last" to her brand new husband.
We ran into our new friends at dinner, Stevie, Meredith, Chris, Dymtre and Julie
After dinner, we took over the downstairs bar.  The singer took a break and Molly jumped on stage to entertain.  She was fabulous.  The more I get to know Molly, the more I love her.  She's so full of life and so much fun!!  Carroll is one lucky man.

Gathering around the star of the show, Molly.

Practicing my new moves with dance instructor Annabelle.
Oh, by the way, did I mention the seas finally calmed?  We had a lovely cruise this afternoon.  I'm so happy.  I'm really tired of tying myself to the bedpost at night to keep from falling out of bed!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment