Saturday, March 5, 2016

Argentina - Saturday, March 5, 2016

There is a country western song by Rodney Atkins that says:

"If you're going through hell, keep on moving.  Don't slow down, if you're scared, don't show it.  You might get out before the devil even knows you're there."

Well, this has been the month from hell!  Commencing with the death of my dad January 19th immediately followed by the demise of a beautiful two and a half year relationship with a wonderful gentleman.   

To get through this hell, I'm going to do what I usually do when in crisis mode, as the song says, "keep on moving.  I might get out before the devil even knows I'm there."


So ... I'm moving.  My daughter, Jacqueline, and I are off on a National Geographic Expedition to South America today.  Specifically, Buenos Aires for a couple of days and then on to Patagonia.

Jacqueline has been accepted to medical school in the fall.  Before she begins that long journey, she wanted some time to enjoy the world.  She never really got a chance to travel after she graduated from college, opting instead to accept a rather intense job at Columbia Medical Center in New York City working in Neurological research, specializing in Epilepsy.  She has worked very hard and has definitely earned this time to play.  So she resigned her job at Columbia the end of January thus beginning her world tour.  After spending several weeks in London, she is meeting me in Tampa today to begin our journey.  I'll be sharing our adventures with you as we explore Argentina and Chile.  

We are currently at the Atlanta airport waiting to catch our international connection.  Check in tomorrow to find out what we're up to.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just read 4 days of amazing facts and learned so much! My favorite part was the Tango lesson and dance that followed. How much fun you two are having! The memories will last forever! Be safe, have a wonderful time and know that you have family back home that loves you both!

    ReplyDelete