Saturday, March 1, 2014

Down Under - Day Twenty Two - Thursday, February 27, 2014 - Sydney, Australia


I seem to be missing my blog page for the 27th.  I remember writing it and posting the photos, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, so here goes again as best I can remember the events of the day.

Sydney Skyline
We arrived in Sydney early this morning.  Getting up early was so worth it.  We sailed into Darling Harbor at 5:30 a.m. to the twinkling lights of the Sydney Skyline.  
Sydney Opera House
Greeted by the Sydney Opera House and continuing on beneath the Harbor Bridge, we finally docked just after sunrise.  

Harbor Bridge
We said our goodbyes to our new friends and crew members as we were disembarking the ship.  On the way out, I finally found the ship's steering wheel.  It was NOT in the bridge when we did our bridge tour.  
Found the Steering Wheel!
No wonder the captain was having difficulty dodging the waves in the Tasman Sea.  

Stevie and I checked in to the Shangri-La Hotel and then hit the streets of Sydney.  In a city of over four and a half million people, we managed to run into several people that we'd met on the ship.  It was fun seeing Annabele and Heather, ship's entertainers,  at Lulu Lemon's.  

Kangaroos and Koalas  



I ran into my first kangaroo and koala today.  This is as close to the real thing as I'll come this trip.

We had dinner at a renovated bank building called RockPool Bar and Grill.  
Chandelier made of 2,682 Wine Glasses
The chandelier in the bar is made of 2,682 Riedel Riesling glasses.  
It was a Martini Kind of Night at RockPool Bar and Grill
Very pretty.  We had a great meal and returned to the hotel to turn in.  We'd scheduled an early morning start time the next day to visit the Sunshine Coast.  More news later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment